Sunday, February 28, 2010

More St. Patrick Day Kids Crafts...

First we painted this cute (messy) paper plate rainbow. I slacked on the picture taking because we had 6 containers of paint open and 12 messy brushes all over the place-it was a Mommy-hands-on project!
All I did was cut a paper plate in half then cut out the center to make it "rainbow shaped" the boys then painted the colored stripes and when it was dry we glued some cotton balls on the ends.
Their finished rainbows...
Our second project of the day was Shamrock Mosaics-the boys enjoy helping shred the papers
Braden placing his pieces on his background
Connor meticulously placing his
I stopped them when I figured they had covered a large enough area for me to trace & cut a shamrock out of
Braden wanted his shamrock gold "washed" and Connor wanted his green "washed"
The finished product
An artistic accident! With all the tearing, gluing & cutting a "B" somehow made it onto Braden's shamrock-he will tell you he planned it that way but I know better! : )

1 comment:

mjriley said...

Those are cute, neat idea!