Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Yet another set of St. Patty kid crafts...

I'm so glad that the twinkies are crafty or at least like to craft almost as much as Mommy! In my opinion you can never have too many cute little holiday projects going on. Here is another St. Patrick Day craft the kiddos made.
I came across this idea in my online travels last week-I thought that I had saved it in my favorites but can't seem to find the link to give the creator credit with our wet coffee filter creation.
All you need are some blue & yellow markers & some coffee filters (you need four filters per shamrock)...
Let the kiddos go wild scribbling all over them...
Then the magic happens when you spritz them with water: blue & yellow run together to make GREEN! We let them air dry over night...
Then you simply fold them in half and then half again into a shape like a slice of pie-put the slices together & you have a shamrock! We cut into the ends (making them almost heart shaped) added a button to the center and a stem before attaching them to a piece of yellow card stock...viola!
Remember these little clovers they made in the last post-well I thought they were so cute and needed to be displayed more permanently so they could be used year after year so...
We stained two pieces of wood-I let them "distress" them a bit with green & gold and then modge podged the clovers on top!

1 comment:

mjriley said...

Those are so awesome!! I'm starting to do stuff with the kids, not anything you have done. Right now we are learning how to cut magazine pages and glue them to construction paper. I hope I have the patients to keep it up.