Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Crafting for St. Pat's

Now that Valentines Day & Mardi Gras are over and the last of those colorful decorations are down it's time to go GREEN! We're Irish so I LOVE decorating for St. Patricks Day. The twins and I have already begun some green crafting this week!

I cut a piece of scrapbooking paper (they selected) and mounted it on foam board. Then all I did was lightly trace a shamrock pattern in pencil (to follow with glue) and gave them a dish of green, gold and white sequins.
Proud of their finished pieces. We found the cute little shamrock "buttons" they used in the corners at Michael's.
We're going to attach some St. Patrick ribbon on the back and hang them on the wall!

This is the rag-a-muffin wreath I made for St. Patty's day. I did not make this one as "full" as some of the others that I have made-because I liked how "rustic" it looked with some of the vine peeking out.

Complete directions for this wreath with photo's can be found on my Valentines Day Wreath post: http://dumasfam4.blogspot.com/2010/01/valentines-day-wreath.html

3 comments:

Tara said...

They are soo stinking cute! Love the craft project!

mjriley said...

Boys your decorations turned out great!!

Melissa said...

Love the wreath...I still haven't finished my Valentine's Day wreath. :)