Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Scrap use...

While my Blazer is out of commission and I was trapped at home (again) for the day I decided to use up some scraps. I made a tag book on a binder ring out of scraps that I had left from the Cosmo Cricket Lil' Man collection. The wallet photo's of the twins on them are actually "scraps" too. They are the second wallet from each set I ordered for a project I made for Mike last year-they were just laying around now they have a cute little home!
While I did that, the boys did this...(no really, well sort of...)
Everyone who knows us well knows we are the "color coded family" Mike is orange, I am purple, Connor is green and Braden is blue. I gave them a tote of scrapbooking paper scraps and let them tear up piles of orange, purple, blue and green pieces. Then we glued them to a heart cut out and "modge podged" them to a canvas I had painted up with gold & silver acrylic paint. I "gold" washed the whole thing and viola!
They are very proud of themselves!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Look at you with all of your completed projects and blog posts...want to come over and do some for me? :) That heart collage is genius! I especially love that the boys had a hand in making it.

ShellyDee said...

LOL! I think we're going to be "collaging" a lot! They had so much fun now all they want to do is tear papers up! : )