Monday, January 12, 2009

Slacked Off

So I really slacked off during the holidays but I am going to commit to keeping this blog and therefore all of you updated!
Today both boys are fighting a nasty head cold-yay for them and yay for Mommy! Daddy is on days then on assignment at HN so it'll be Dr. Mom all day!
Yesterday we took them to the Auto Show at the Virginia Beach Convention Center. They loved looking at all the auto's with Dad and even helped him pick out a Ram that they all HAVE TO HAVE but I was disappointed with the "kiddie entertainment". It was advertised the Tyronne from the Backyardigans would be there-Connor's personal favorite "yardigan" and clowns from Ringling Brothers.
Well no Tyronne-big upset at that but we did see one clown (who remained on his cell) that did give each boy a nose and tried to engage them in a photo-which was a no go-I guess cartoon characters are okay but clowns not so much. I guess when I hear entertainment from clown(s) I assume more than one and that they would be doing SOMETHING-making balloon animals, riding a unicycle, something...did not happen.
So while it was nice to check out all the auto's the "show" itself was not a big hit!
Off to go make the little ones some chicken rice soup-as Spartacus from lazy Town tells them it will make them strong and give them energy-I hope so! We have a fun filled busy week again this week-penguin & polar bears themed story time on Wednesday, a Hat Party play date on Thursday in honor of national hat day and we're going to check out the new Looney Tunes play area on Friday with some friends at MacArthur. Plus at some point along the way Mommy needs to go shopping!
Virginia Beach's "mascot" is the dolphin and they are all over the city-the boys wanted to pose with the "frozen" dolphin at the convention center yesterday:






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelly, Thanks for inviting me. The blog is pretty fun. At leat it don't have to be done daily. LOL I wanted you to know I appreciate you and how you handle your twins. I'm sure it would be handful alone just to have but on top of that and everyday thingsyou make time to do so much with them You are a strong, special person. Just wanted to tell you that. lol Hugs...Carla