Thursday, January 6, 2011

52 photos in 52 weeks: Prompt Week 2 (Jan 6th-12th)...

...Independence
My first thoughts on this weeks prompt since we live in such a heavy military area were the jets, the ships and the bases.
Then my thoughts went to the twinkies and how independent they are of Mike and I these days. Too independent if you ask me.
Then I tried to think of more personally to me.
To me independence is freedom and right now freedom to me is running. Running is something I never, ever thought I'd do but it is something that has recently taken over my life-in a good way.
Right now I am training for my first ever race-an 8K in March with two smaller ones as prep along the way.
When I'm running I am running for me. My mind is clear. I'm not in "Mommy" mode or "Wife" mode. I'm not thinking about what is next on my to do list. I'm free!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

oh, i love this! good take on the prompt!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Shelly, this chokes me up. I always think of the kids first, too, when it comes to projects. When I saw the first post go up in the Flickr group today and she focused on "her" I made a decision to make this 52Photos project more about me, with family in a supporting role.

Love what the photo represents...I'll be cheering for you!

Anonymous said...

Great interpretation of the prompt.

I know as the mum of a 2 year old that finding 'me' time is sometimes hard.

Looking forward to seeing your work over the year.

ShellyDee said...

Thank you so much for all the feedback! I am very excited about this project.