Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy NSD...weekinthelife: Monday

Happy National Scrapbooking Day! In honor of NSD today I completed Mother's Day gifts for next week that I can't describe or put a photo of on here-because family members occasionally drop by and read our blog.
But I also put together Monday's multi page spread from last week.
After going back and forth (and back and forth...and for good measure back and forth again) I settled on a 12 X 12 D-Ring album with a two page spread of 4 x 6 sleeves, a baseball card sleeves sheet and an 8.5 x 11 sheet for each day.
On the left is one page of the 4 x 6 sleeves and the right the baseball card sheet. I could not edit down to 12 4 x 6 photo's a day so I "cheated" and ordered collaged 4 x 6's for most of the sleeves. Collaging "like" photo's together. The baseball card sheet houses the non photo items I gathered for each day-in Monday there is a post card about transportation in our city, a Dragon's sticker pack and receipts among other things.
The 8.5 x 11 has all the journaling I jotted down in my hand dandy notebook that like my camera never left my hand last week. It's mostly a stream of thoughts-not a "story" or even always complete sentences. I didn't upload a photo of it here because it does have full names (ours & others) included on it and I'd rather keep that private.
The backside of the 8.5 x 11 has a Jo-Ann's flyer tucked into it and on the right is the rest of the 4 x 6 photo sleeves for the day.
This was a really simple, quick way for me to get each day assembled and most importantly completed. My December Daily from Christmas still has three (yes only three) days left to complete and I even already have those photo's printed and everything. I did not want this to be time consuming because I knew I'd get sidetracked on other projects.

No comments: